Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Final auditions for Winter Percussion

On October 6th Spirit of America will be having their final auditions for the 2012-2013 season. 
 For the first time in many years I will not have a child in this year. More than a few years ago one of my children came home with an award.  I didn't understand what that meant until years later when I had the chance to go out and see what happens at Winter Guard International, known as WGI.  I had never seen so many young people in my life.  I was so proud of the behavior of our kids with each other, but also the way other kids treated each other.  With all of the behaviors of young people it was really remarkable how kind they were to each other. 
   Out of all the groups that Gloriae Dei Artes Foundation has Winter Percussion is one of my favorites.  It is so heart warming when you see a child bloom into a person with their own identity.  I think about one child last year that really got his groove on with the African beat and the Shakere...Every performance he would get lost in the joy of rhythm and sound. 

That is really something.

No comments:

Post a Comment