Thursday, December 15, 2011

Mid-west musings

Here I am on my second day at the Mid west Band conference. I've managed to find a table and chair to write from today! It's quite noisy here with everyone trying to play the highest note or bang drums loudest!

The networking that goes on during this conference is amazing. Ive been to dental conferences and compared to dentists, musicians seriously like to talk to each other. I wonder if some of this is because so many people have been committed to making their music programs work even when their budgets are being cut and programs being left to die. Most musicians are staying and trying to fight their way through. I can imagine that they like the kinship. I've heard so many stories while I have been here. It seems to make Spirit of America's commitment to helping others that much more important. Altough we are a bit of an odd concept compared to the other groups exibiting here, we do all share the love of music.

No comments:

Post a Comment